WHO ARE WE? WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Established April 2007 in the illustrious Atlanta,Georgia. Trans(forming) is a membership-based organization led by trans men, intersex, gender non-conforming people of color, wrongly assigned female at birth (including those who ID as male/ man) and those who are questioning. The organization hosts monthly meetings, social gatherings, provides resources and all around transitional support. We exist to share information, provide social support, camaraderie, and to assist members in their transition.
Through advocacy, education, leadership development, coalition-building, peer support, and direct service, we work to ensure our communities live with dignity, wellness, and connection for liberation. We address basic needs and build a sense of community among our members, while also mobilizing to transform institutions and systems that oppress us.
We are open to collaborating ,where appropriate, with other groups and organizations with the end goal being to provide new or improved services to our membership.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- A 14 Year Built In Sibling-Hood
- A Support Group With Up To Date, Accurate Information
- Connect To Doctors And Other Medical Professionals
- Document Change Help And Assistance Paying
- Legal Assistance
- Surgery Support
- Social Events
- Prison ,Reentry and, Legal Support
- HIV Prevention and sexual health education and linkage for HIV+
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Volunteer And Contract Employment Opportunities
- Trips To Major Trans Conference(s)
How Do I Become A Member?
- Go through an intake process (for demographics)
- Attend 4 events/year and pay membership dues, $30.
- If you are a student, attend 2 meetings/year and pay membership dues, $15.
- Pay membership dues per meeting, $3.
Membership dues can be paid via check, money order, make payable to Transforming, 236 Forsyth Street Ste 302, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- Click here to pay membership dues via Cash App.